TruPrize Terms And Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to the TruPrize promotion run by TruRating Limited (“TruRating”, “we” or “us”). The TruPrize promotion is intended to reward consumers who use the TruRating application. Any consumer who uses the TruRating application to rate at one of our merchants when making a purchase of good or services (either in-store or online) will have a chance to win a TruPrize. Winners are selected randomly from time to time by an automated process according to a pre-determined formula which is based on ratings provided across all our participating merchants. We ask all our participating merchants to contribute TruPrizes to the TruPrize promotion from time to time. The TruPrize promotion will run continuously until we have awarded the final TruPrize.
For Northern Ireland Residents only: No purchase is necessary to participate in the prize promotion. A Northern Ireland resident may enter without using the TruRating application by sending a postal entry including their name, postal address and email address to “TruPrizes, TruRating, 107 Leadenhall Street, London EC3 4AF”. On receipt of a valid postal entry, TruRating will group that entry with all other entries to ensure it has an equal chance of being selected as a TruPrize winner in the automated process. TruRating will notify Northern Ireland prize winners at the email address submitted with their entry and issue them with a prize code which shall be used to claim their TruPrize. Non-winners will not be notified.
If you have won a TruPrize and been issued with a prize code, you will need to visit our online prize portal to claim your prize. These terms and conditions govern the TruPrize promotion and you accept and agree to them by claiming a TruPrize from the prize portal.
Claiming your TruPrize – firstly – CONGRATULATIONS!
- To claim your TruPrize, you must enter the winning prize code at the TruPrize portal www.trurating.com/prizes and select a TruPrize from those on offer.
- There is no payment necessary to claim or receive your TruPrize but internet access is required at your own cost. TruRating will not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged prize codes.
- You must claim your TruPrize within six months of being issued with a prize code.
- You agree to provide us with such contact information as we need to be able to deliver your TruPrize. Your TruPrize will either be sent to you at a physical address, or arrangements to enjoy the TruPrize provided to you electronically.
- Please ensure you provide us with accurate contact details when asked as TruRating will rely on these to deliver your TruPrize. Any TruPrize that is returned to sender or is undeliverable for any reason will be forfeited and you will lose the right to the TruPrize. If you have not received your TruPrize within 28 days of claiming your TruPrize online, please contact TruRating at email@example.com.
- Each TruPrize has a value of approximately £25. These TruPrizes are contributed by our participating merchants or by TruRating from time to time, and may be physical goods, or gift cards for either general use in merchant outlets or online stores or for specific goods or services. You will be able to select your preferred TruPrize from those which have been contributed and made available in our prize portal at the time you redeem your TruPrize code. The nature and timing of contribution means the TruPrizes available and the contributing merchant may vary from time to time.
- Please take care of your TruPrize. Lost or stolen TruPrizes will not be replaced by TruRating or the merchant which supplies the TruPrize.
- There are no cash alternatives to a TruPrize, in whole or in part. TruPrizes do not act as cheque guarantee, credit or charge cards. TruPrizes cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law.
- TruRating reserves the right to substitute an equivalent prize of equal or greater value in the event circumstances outside its reasonable control prevent the issue of the selected TruPrize.
Redeeming your TruPrize
- Please note supply of TruPrizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the merchant supplying the relevant TruPrize, including booking terms. These will be made available to you, if any, prior to you selecting your TruPrize and will apply to your receipt and use of the TruPrize in addition to these terms and conditions. All TruPrize offers and bookings are subject to availability.
- TruPrizes are redeemable for goods and/or services for a maximum of six months from the date the TruPrize is claimed. Acceptance of the TruPrize after each expiry date is at the sole discretion of the merchant. You acknowledge and agree that redemption of TruPrizes will be subject to the merchant’s own terms and conditions.
- The person seeking to redeem a TruPrize which is a gift card must let the relevant merchant know that the gift card will be used for payment before ordering or consuming goods or services (e.g. before ordering food in a restaurant or getting your haircut). We will not be liable to you or any other person for any costs incurred if you or the user of the gift card has failed to comply with this clause.
- The recipient of a TruPrize acknowledges that age restrictions might apply to certain TruPrizes (e.g. where a TruPrize is redeemable for age restricted goods such as alcohol or for an R18 classified activity). The truPrize winner accepts that a merchant may refuse to redeem a truPrize because of an age-related restriction.
- TruRating will not be liable to you or any other person for any failure by a merchant to honour or redeem a TruPrize voucher or fulfil any other obligation, and we will not be liable and give no warranties (including as to quality and/or fitness for purpose) in respect of any goods or services received as a TruPrize or purchased with a TruPrize.
- All refunds, returns or exchanges of goods or services purchased using a TruPrize must be made in accordance with the redeeming merchant’s own terms and conditions. We will not be responsible for any refusal of a merchant to provide a refund, return or exchange. Physical goods received as TruPrizes will not be returnable or exchangeable, provided that your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
- The redeeming merchant will have the sole discretion as to whether the whole value of the TruPrize must be used all at once, or whether you may redeem your TruPrize in part on more than occasion (including in more than one outlet). It is the merchant’s responsibility to administer part-used TruPrizes, and TruRating will not be liable for the value of any part-used TruPrize which a merchant fails to honour.
- In the unlikely event you are not able to redeem your truPrize by reason of a participating merchant becoming insolvent or ceasing to carry on business, TruRating will not be liable to you or any person for any value of your truPrize which you are not able to redeem.
- By claiming your TruPrize, you expressly consent to us using the personal data you supply (such as your name, email and/or postal address) for the purposes of administering the prize promotion and delivering your TruPrize and for any other purpose reasonably necessary in connection with the administration of the TruPrize promotion. You also consent to us using these data to conduct research and to plan and develop our product and marketing strategies] including contacting you by email to ask about your experience of the TruPrize promotion. If you would rather we did not contact you, please let us know: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone on +44 330 123 1310; or by post to TruPrizes, TruRating, 107 Leadenhall Street, London EC3 4AF.
- Except in respect of (i) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its officers, employees and agents; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any other liability that cannot be excluded by law, TruRating will not under any circumstances be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, in respect of any claims made by you, or any other third party relating in any way to the operation of this prize promotion or otherwise arising in connection with the prize promotion.
- TruRating may use your name and town of residence in any publication or media, in relation to the prize promotion only, when responding to any person requesting a list of prize winners.
- TruRating’s decision will be final in all matters relating to this prize promotion, and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
- TruRating reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate the prize promotion and these Terms and Conditions at any time where we consider it reasonable or necessary, provided where TruRating exercises this right it shall do everything reasonable to ensure entrants and TruPrize winners are not disadvantaged. Changes will be made available on www.trurating.com where the most current version of these Terms and Conditions can be viewed at all times.
- The prize promotion, these terms and conditions, and all related matters will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of the TruPrize promotion or these terms and conditions.
- Any questions, comments or complaints you have regarding this prize promotion or your TruPrize must be directed to email@example.com. TruPrizes are promoted by TruRating Limited, (a company incorporated and registered in England with number 08251033) with its registered office at Pendragon House, 65 London Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire, England AL1 1LJ, UK.